Friday, April 30, 2010

My MIL asked about my sex life, Advice on how to handle it.?

My MIL directly ask me and my fiance,


You guys are both using condoms when your together right?





She said '; My son is to young at this moment in time to be thinking about children';





I was embarassed and walked out the room. What would you say?My MIL asked about my sex life, Advice on how to handle it.?
Tell her he uses Magnums and that you would like for her to pick up some becuase your out, and while shes at it she can get you some Astro Lube. Thats going to keep her out of your business for a loooong time.My MIL asked about my sex life, Advice on how to handle it.?
It's a strange question to be asking, but I wouldn't freak out about it being a question about your ';sex life.'; It's more of a health and family planning question, which, while awkward, may seem more like her ';realm'; to her, since she's a mother.





I wouldn't have walked out of the room. It makes you look immature. I probably would have said, ';Absolutely, I am not thinking about children yet either,'; or ';Actually, we've found that the pill is a better choice for us because it's more effective....'; or whatever is the honest answer about your birth control. If you don't want to reveal details, ';[your son] and I are being responsible about family planning.'; She just wants to be reassured that you're being safe.
You could say that she should mind her own beeswax or you could tell her the truth, you do not feel comfortable talking to her about your sex life and when you have children is a decission you and your husband will make on your own. Be nice and polite but nip this curious/controling behavior in the bud. He was old enough to get married, he is old enough to be a father, if that is what you two choose.
I would just simply tell her that if you are old enough to be making the decision to have sex, then you are old enough to make the decision about birth control. Leave it at that.





My future MIL saw my birth control on the bed stand one time and asked me how long I had been on it, I told her, ';Oh, a long time.'; and she never brought it up again. That was a lie, but I was not going to get into our personal bedroom life with her!





Good Luck %26amp; I hope that you are using BC until you both decide it's the right time to have children.
Tell her you only do anal, so no worries. Seriously, you should ask your fiance when he wants kids. Do you know when your fiance wants to have a child? He needs to tell his mother when he wants a kid so that you're not uncomfortable around mil. Tell your fiance to talk to his mother about your plans for a kid.
I would politely tell her that the topic is off the table and that you are not comfortable talking about such personal things with her.





Or... you can retaliate by shocking her and say that you are actually trying to have a baby! Then when she gets mad you take the opportunity to tell her that you don't feel it's appropriate to discuss that with her.
Wow, with all the questions you've been asking I sure feel bad for you girl! Sounds like you have a lot of people around you who aren't afraid to ask crazy questions!





I would try hard not to laugh in her face, but let her know that your fiance and yourself will be the ones to decide when and how you concieve!
Very awkward, I admit..and quite frankly a bit intrusive......





I would have said in a very quiet voice (lower your voice and speak softly seem to make folks listen, raise your voice and they immediately turn you off)





';When 'Peter and I choose to start a family, we will let you know...the timing, however is up to no one but us...when WE feel we are ready, then we will go ahead. Until then, it's not up for discussion because it is a deeply personal and intimate thing and not the subject of debate by anyone. However, your advice is always appreciated.'; Then refuse to discuss it....





'Peter' should have been more direct.





';Ma, what happens between 'Sarah' and I behind closed doors has no room for anyone else, it's Husband %26amp; Wife, not Husband, Wife, and Mom.....your opinion is always valued but when and whether we are old enough or ready is OUR decision, and discussing whether a soon to be married couple or a married couple are using condoms is out of line....we are adults, not children, and you need to treat us as such.''








..and now some words of wisdom from a'Red Hatter'....





Some parents easily shift from parent to teens to parent of adults.....some have a hard time seeing their grown kids as no longer, well kids....if the parent has a hard time or refuses, then unfortunately the adult child must do it for them....have patience...I guarentee that Mom will change, even with difficulty, as long as sonny refuses to be treated as a child %26amp; insists on his adult status.....with patience %26amp; respect...good luck
I am lost for words I probaly would have done the same thing u did. Honestly speaking its really none of her damn business how yall have sex and when is the best time for you to have a baby. she is to personal. But politely laugh it off and say our intimacy is our personal business that we care not to discuss and I can assure you we will both make the decision to have children when the time is right. But thanks for your concern!
Actually, I agree with the other poster. I would have said, yes, he uses Magnums. We are getting a little low, maybe you can pick some up while you are out next. While your at it, I could use some Astro Lube too for those quickies.





It's a shame we don't have those witty responses available to us at the moment we could use them.
Wow! This women is really straight forward. Answer her with a straight forward answer like, ';I don't feel comfortable discussing this with you. Why don't you ask your son?'; Always defer back to her son for the hard questions. This is how I get out of being rude to my MIL and it always works out for the best.
I would say, ';No offence, but what me and your son do behind closed doors is our business. I don't feel comfortable talking about those things with you.';





Its kind of rude of her to talk to you that way. My in-laws just mention how they don't want to be grandparents anytime soon.. lol which is still a little akward.
';We appreaciate your concern, however, we are handiling it maturly.'; If she asks again say ';What we do in the bedroom is none of your buisness. We are taking all of the nesscary procossions and if we do have a baby, it's none of your buisness!';





My ex-MIL was the same way.
I would probably give ther the weirdest look and hold back a laugh. And not even say anything. I think the look on my face would tell her to ';shut up'; faster than I can come up with something to say. You did the right thing, that's none of her business.
i think it was completely out of line for her to ask that and i think walking out of the room was the right choice.


its between you and your fiance if and when you want children.
Well, I mean, you're engaged, and it's really none of your MIL's business or concern. If her son is old enough to tie the knot, then he's old enough to make his own choices
';Thanks for being concerned, we are doing what is right for us.';





Kind, but to the point, and doesn't provide any unnecissary info.
What I would say?





';Our sex life is none of your business. Please don't ask again.';





And then . . . I would have walked out of the room.
Be polite and respectful, but to the point...





Say to her, ';My intimate life is between me, my husband and God...Since you're none of the above, it's none of your business...';
I would say, Frankly, I do not think it is any of your business...for all you know, we may not even be having sex and waiting for marriage. Make her feel like a jerk for asking.
It's none of her business and I wouldn't have answered it at all. I would have either ignored it or walked away like you did.
Tell her you are a private person and like keeping this personal matter between the two of you but she can be rest assured that we are doing what is right for us.
OMG what nerve!


I would have probably done what you did. However, part of me would like to say - we'll call you next time we're doing the wild monkey dance, and you can come see for yourself...
I would have been really embrassed too. I would have probably told her it was none of business or ran from the room as well.
I would say to her ';what are condoms???'; My fiances mom is very direct like that as well. I usually just smile and make a joke.
aaaaaah man! That's totally inappropriate of her!!


I guess I would have lied too...it's too awkward.
sorry i don't understand the question.





what's a mil????????

No comments:

Post a Comment