Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I need life lessons/advice to give for my AP English Class?

i need at least 5 points to talk about. for example, a friend of mine is doing the seven wonders of the world, i need something clever like that....





Example: Machu Pechu - the lost city; lesson: dont lose yourselfI need life lessons/advice to give for my AP English Class?
Super heroes. Very good, very moral and also feminist.


Example: Spiderman - the young man with identity issues; lesson: You can do it, you just have to be brave.


WonderWoman; watch out for that Lasso of Truth - lying will come back and bite ya.


Yadda yadda. :-)I need life lessons/advice to give for my AP English Class?
Not sure I can top the 7 wonders of the world but


you did ask for life lessons. Here is a lesson


in life I learned the hard way. It was December,


2000 and I was on my way to work. I had my daughter in the car with me because she had


a few bottles of soda for her class Christmas party. She couldn't carry it all on the bus. We


lived on a hill on a busy street out in the country.


Our driveway was in a form of a horseshoe.


I stopped at the top of our driveway in order to


clear both sides of the road. There were only two cars so I move on down to the bottom of our


driveway. After the second car had passed I pulled out of my driveway. That was the last thing


I remember. I came to and heard my daughter crying and voices all around me. One of those voices was my husband's voice telling me


everything was going to be okay. I was bloody


and had trouble moving. I will carry the guilt that


on that day I was in too much of a hurry to take


that few more seconds to make sure we were safe. I had put my daughter in harm's way.


The lesson I learned that day was nothing in this


world is worth the risk of being reckless and careless. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment