Friday, April 30, 2010

Is anyone ever worried that they give wrong advice and it has a negative affect on someones life?

I do wonder that answers in the medical or relationship sections could cause more harm than good. Has anyone else thought this or had experience of thisIs anyone ever worried that they give wrong advice and it has a negative affect on someones life?
i think this all the time. My friends and family always make comments about my partner that i could really do without. Like one time my partner was going out and i was happy that he did, then my mom was implying that he might be doing something other than goin out with his mates. Well this played and played on my mind until i rang him up wanting him to come home to me. We argued and fell out and i think if i hadnt of listened to babble that we'd have been fine. I make it a point not to let ANY ones advice affect my life anymore and im a lot happier as i feel in control. no idea if this will help :-)Is anyone ever worried that they give wrong advice and it has a negative affect on someones life?
The onus is on the person asking the question to actually act on the advice. He or she may take the answers into consideration and use them to help arrive at a decision, and get some insight into their problem. As for medical issues, remember the old Russian proverb: ';Trust, but first verify';. Anyone with a serious problem would likely seek a doctor's advice, though again they could use YA for insight. The final call in any medical case should always be left to a professional, and you would be a fool to think or do otherwise.
I only answer medical questions if I have a knowledge or personal experience on them. As for relationships, it's mostly my opinions and I'm sure most people are the same. I think people ask to get an idea of other people's opinions, hear things from a different perspective but at the end of the day, what they decide is their decision and shouldn't be based on some stranger from the internet.
I dnt really answer medical questions.





I am pretty confident with my knowledge of relationships. I tend to give sense and wisdom not really what they should do and how.


I guess i just remind them of what they already know but cant face up to.
Yeh I do, but I mainly try just suggesting now rather than say do this.. I say perhaps you could try or maybe you should that way it eases that kind of burden. I also wouldn't suggest something if I wasn't prepared to do it myself, or had experienced it.
I make it a practice to never answer something that I do not have an understanding of, like medical issues. If someone has a medical question I will tell them to get reliable information from their doctor. I will only answer what I know about.
worried? life goes on no matter what.


medical: only stupid people takes an advice from a non-professional stranger.


relationship: we have our own beliefs, and if it's serious, they should go to a psych.
No because what it balls down to is people are going to do what they want to do no matter what.You can give people give advice ,and they still do what they want to do.
If im not sure i wont answer i dont want to have a massive impact on issues such as these

No comments:

Post a Comment