Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Any valuable life lessons or advice learned from mother, grandmother, mentor or any wise person, dead /alive?

We can all benefit and learn from life lessons from wise people. Anything you want to share?Any valuable life lessons or advice learned from mother, grandmother, mentor or any wise person, dead /alive?
My grandmother always say ';knowledge is never too heavy to carry';. She never got a full education because she was needed at home, but that didn't stop her from learning. She's old and half blind by now, but she's still learning. And she's right, it's easier to know how to fix things with what you have than it is to carry all you might need with you just in case. =)





She's also a master at winning arguments by staying calm and polite through out the whole argument. She lets the other person show childish temper and get wind up in their own flow of words to the point where they lose themselves. Then she calmly steps in and say what her opinion is in a clear way. Case closed. The other person, no matter how right they were, looked like a fool and she won on being the better person.Any valuable life lessons or advice learned from mother, grandmother, mentor or any wise person, dead /alive?
My grandmother (who we lost to cancer last year) taught me many things, honesty and integrity being most prominent in my mind right now.


When I was 10 and visiting her for Easter, she caught me sneaking M%26amp;M's from my Easter basket after she had said ';no-more candy for a while';.


She mad eme feel so bad for being sneaky that that lesson has stuck with me to this day.


I was not a perfect child after that, I rebelled against my mother and did some things I should not have as a teenager. (sneaking out at night, among other things).


But as an adult, and mother of my own children, my grandmother's lesson to be honest, to not be sneaky, and the integrity she tried to instill in me has come back to me. And I try my best to instill these things in my children, and to be honest and not lie to anyone, because that's what I expect from people I interact with.
  • face makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment