Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I have black hair, and I need advice on how to bring my hair back to life?

For some reason my hair is shedding more than usual. I don't know what's causing it. I usually wash it once a week and I deep condition it. I try not to use hot styling tools in my hair. I do grease my ends as well as my scalp. I think the grease is causing the shedding, but I'm not sure.I have black hair, and I need advice on how to bring my hair back to life?
stress can make your hair fall out. a bad diet can make your hair fall out. not enough vitamins can make your hair fall out. alopecia (which is a disease that makes your hair fall you will have to consult a doctor). If you that old time grease that our grandma's used that could probably be it also. I suggest something light like TCB Naturals. I suggest using it only on the scalp and for your ends use oil sheen. When you do wash your hair; for the first wash use the neutralizing shampoo you use for your relaxer (it is also used as a clarifying shampoo) this will remove and build-up from the grease you use.


Shampoo's I suggest:


Creme of Nature, Optimum Conditioning Shampoo


Nexxuss Hydrating Shampoo


Ganier Fructis Sleek and Shine Shampoo





Conditioners I suggest:


Creme of Nature Conditioner


Nexxuss Humectress


Garnier Sleek and Shine Shampoo


Cholesterol Conditioner by Queen Helene


Infusium 23 Leave in Conditioner (I only Suggest this one to be used as a setting lotion if you wash/set and wrap your hair).





Vitamins to use:


Centrum Liquid Multi-Vitamin (can be brought at Target, Walmart or online at drugstore.com it's $2 more online).





Vitamin C (Chewables or Liquid form)





Vitamin B Complex ( liquid form





Vitamin E (liquid is best if you can find it)





Vitamin D ( same as above or chewables if you can't find either take the pill, try mashing it up into powder mix in juice then drink).





Lay off the fried foods, try to find a way to alleviate stress (walking works for me). If at the end of the walk you still are stress find the source of the stress and beat the crap out of it (just kidding).





Oh and you could be using a relaxer that is too strong. If you are using regular try mild; if you are using mild try a Kiddie perm in course and so on and so forth and if you are using Super; STOP THAT. Don't use perms by Revlon they break your hair off. Don't use rubber bands in your hair. Use ponytail holders (preferably by Goody). And I think that about sums it up. . .LOL!!!!!!! Hope that helps honey.I have black hair, and I need advice on how to bring my hair back to life?
Stop greasing your scalp. You're clogging the follicles and not allowing your skin to breathe. Our scalp produces enough oil on its own.


Use a little bit of natural moisturizer (olive oil) and no grease or any kind of heavy petroleum products.


Have you changed products (shampoo, etc.)? Your hair might need time to adjust to it.


Are you stressed out? Sleep more and take multivitamins every day.
try laying off the deep conditioner and the greece and see if that helps it if not i would recommned seeing your hairdresser and asking advice on ways to keep your hair healthy
What I did for my hair to stop shedding is mix 1/4 cup of Apple Cider vinegar with 1 cup of water and after shampooing I pour the mixture in my hair (directing it at the scalp) and massage in for 30seconds to 1 min. After, rinse and deep condition. This may sound weird but it really stops the shedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment