Friday, April 30, 2010

All the advice I have been getting regarding my life has only made my life worse, not better, why?

I think it's because we look at others' lives through the lens of our own experiences, assuming perhaps that because something is right for us or has worked for us, it must work for others. I think this will inevitably prove disappointing because we're all so different and unique. I think that we can consider the advice or opinions of others, but not necessarily think that other people can provide the solution for our own issues or problems. This is where an impartial person such as a counsellor can prove beneficial, especially if we feel stuck. Not to sound too 'New Agey', but maybe it's time to really start listening to your inner voice; to take time out and clear your mind, say for example by taking up meditation. I think this would really help you to focus on what you really want and need. Good luck.All the advice I have been getting regarding my life has only made my life worse, not better, why?
Making a major decision can be a very difficult time if other things are going on in your life (discord at home, sickness, being separated from people, death of a loved one, unemployment, divorce etc.)





I've been hungry for direction at times like that, and turned to professionals and friends to listen and give a word of wisdom that might help.





Unfortunately, my husband has led me into quite a few wrong decisions -- but each time that happened I went against the small voice in my head that told me something else.





I've given up on 'following the advice of others' and now take a word or two here and there but make my own decision.





If it turns out wrong, I have no-one to blame but myself -- if it's someone elses decision, and I followed it, not only am I in a mess, but I find I'm resentful for going against my inner voice.





Right now I'm at one of those crosswords. A family member is adamant that I do something they want and the way they want. It would be a life-changing decision. I won't comment, or act, till I have peace about that change.





I don't have that now, and it's making some discord between them and me. (What a small price to pay instead of making another major error by leting someone else influence me.)





Hope this helped.All the advice I have been getting regarding my life has only made my life worse, not better, why?
You have to depend on you to lead your life. you you you....
Well meaning people will give you advice whether or not you are willing to accept it. According to what you have said, you had followed the advice, yet it did not work for you. I wish you could have been more specific on what the problem was and how you went about it. Anyway, life seems to have no direction for you and that is unfortunate. It is best to seek psychotherapy and work out these problems. Stick with the therapy, whether or not you think it is working. Issues do not get resolved immediately. In other words, they take time, so persistence is the key.
Do not take any advice anymore, you are your best adviser, you own your life, and whatever you what out of it, you are the only one who can make it happen!
Listen to everyone there is no harm in listening, but do make ur decisions, by ur own mind. Whatever u feel is correct.
and you're willing to go through that again by posting this because...?





people can only offer so much advice. only YOU know how your life/situation really is and how certain courses of action will affect it.





it's too convenient to blame others for how everything is going; you are NOT a SIM. get out of the back seat and take responsibility.





make your own decisions and drive!
Maybe it's time to listen to your own heart and mind? What makes you smile, what makes you frown? Do things that are good and make you smile. If you are lonely, do volunteer work, adopt a pet. Make a small, positive difference. Good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment